On Monday, February 8th, we welcome all families to the circus! On this day at our New West school, we are running our Big Top Toddlers Program from 11:00am-2:30pm, and having some demos from 3:30-4:00pm. Admission to both is FREE.
Other Family Day activities at the River Market include:
Featuring three event sites in downtown New Westminster offering FREE family activities:
Westminster Savings Family Fun Zone at the Anvil Centre
777 Columbia Street
- Head to the Westminster Savings tent for giveaways, prizes, table hockey games and a virtual graffiti art activity for the whole family!
- The Magic of Peter Rooke (12:00 pm & 2:30 pm)
- Magician Max Tell (11:00 am & 1:45 pm)
- Visit The Stage New West’s free photo booth to take a fun family photo
- Hang out in the Youth Zone
- Explore the City’s Museum and Archives
- Learn fun and cooperative games with Equita’s Play It Fair!
- Storytime with NW Public Library (11:00 am & 1:00 pm)
- Mystery Artefact Boxes
- Board Games: Then and Now Family Drop-in
- Build Your City – interactive arts activity
- Artist talk with Karen Justice about “Let Me Count the Ways” presented by Artists in the Boro (2:00 pm)
- Enjoy youth performers, clowns and much more!
Fraser River Discovery Centre
788 Quayside Drive
- Enjoy Mad Science’s entertaining and interactive demonstration on air pressure – “Up, Up, Away”
Show times: 11:30 am & 1:30 pm (limited seating)
- Participate in many fun hands-on activities including an archaeology dig, pollution model and more
- Explore the galleries and exhibits featuring “Experience the Fraser”, “Seafood for Thought”, “I Spy” and more
810 Quayside Drive
- River Critters Menu will feature kids meals from various vendors
- Live performers in the Food Hall
- Arts & crafts stations hosted by Music Box Music School, Donald’s Market, Farmer’s Market, others
- KidSport – offers financial aid for community sports programs
- Join Vancouver Circus School for a free introduction to Ariel Silk, Trampoline, and Juggling (spaces are limited, first come first serve, ages 4 and up, must be accompanied by an adult)
For more information, please contact Michelle Dean at 604-515-3827.